Monday 18 February 2013

The Balm "Balm Jovi Rockstar Palette" Review


Hi all! I'm back today with a short review of the Balm Jovi Rockstar Palette from The Balm cosmetics. 

After all the hype on the internet and YouTube, I decided to give it a go when I popped by Rexall Pharmaplus a few weeks ago.



Here is a look that I came up with using the palette. The more vibrant eyeshadows and lip colour are from another brand. I'll include the list at the end of this post.


Swatches

The eyeshadows are very buttery at the touch of the fingers. However I find it slightly powdery when picking up with an eyeshadow brush. If you tap off the excess before application it will be all good :) 

Pigmentation is great on both the darker and lighter colours.


Top: Lip and Cheek Tint
Bottom: Highlighter and Blush

The highlighter and blush are extremely pretty on. Despite the names on the palette, those are the exact same colours as their popular Mary-Lou Manizer and Fratboy Blush. What a deal! 

The lip and cheek tint are average, nothing to rave about. Although it is nice that those 2 products are sealed separately, that way the powder products will not get on them so easily.

Overall I do like this palette and I do feel that it can compete with higher end eyeshadows that you can find in Sephora. 

You can find The Balm cosmetics in selected Rexall Pharmaplus in Canada. 

As promised, the other products that I used to complete the look above.


Wet n Wild Palette in I'm Feeling Retro


Buxom Lipgloss in April; Tarte Blush (sorry I don't remember the name!); Maybelline Pink Pop


Thank you for checking out my blog and have a wonderful week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment