Friday 21 September 2012

Estee Lauder DayWear BB Cream Review

Hi there! Today I'll be sharing a quick review of the new Estee Lauder DayWear BB Cream in colour light. I've worn this several times during the past week in the crazy weather changes in Toronto, so I'll be able to give a quite comprehensive review base on their different climates/ humidity.


This foundation comes in 2 colours, Light and Medium. If you are not particularly light or dark skin tone, you'll be able to fit into one of the 2 colours. 


Bare skin!

This is me, out of the bed in the morning after about 5 hours worth of sleep. My skin has also been slightly rashy lately and gets red very easily.


After BB cream

The BB cream's coverage is light to medium. You are able to build on more products but it probably will not be high coverage by any means. If you put too much, it will become oily and your skin is likely to feel uncomfortable (happened to me).


Complete look

Sorry for the awkward picture but this is the best I could get before running out the door! I did not set the foundation, it was fairly cool and moderate humidity today.

This foundation does not do well with humidity unless you only have one very light layer on. Setting it with powder will do little for extending it's longevity.


5 hours later

Make up is sliding down my face as time goes by. Damn you gravity! haha!

After 6 hours

Here is the close up of my skin after 6 hours of application. There was very little makeup left. I would say that this BB cream can withstand about 3 hours of wear without looking crappy.


After 8 hours

This is me when I finally got home after a LONNNNNG day. I'm glad that it's the weekend tomorrow and I get to have more than 5 hours of sleep!

The makeup is basically gone from my skin and keep in mind that I do not have oily skin and stayed inside the climate controlled office all day long. 


Hi!

My hair was also getting very messy! 

Clearly what's remaining is my eyes makeup and little BB cream. The product itself though never claimed to be long lasting. It would say that this is best if you have fairly clear skin, that way you don't need to layer it on. The 2 existing colour they have in their line gives a nice natural finish and does not have the grey tint that some other BB creams do.

As usual,

Pros:
  • Nice natural finish
  • Sun protection of SPF 35
  • Oil free
  • Apparently its high in anti-oxidant
Cons:
  • Very limited colour selection; Only comes in Light and Medium
  • Light to medium coverage, to get medium coverage could be too much and eventually makes the skin looks oily and feels heavy
In general I quite like this product and will continue to use it. Though I wouldn't say that it is more unique than other products out there in the market as the anti-oxidant claim is hard to judge. You can get this product at Sephora or your local department stores and drugstores. 


Thank you and see you during the weekend for a YSL foundation review!

No comments:

Post a Comment