Friday 24 August 2012

Simple Brown Smokey Eyes

Hi all! Today I'm back with a tutorial showing  you how to do simple brown smokey eyes, suitable for day and evening. This is particularly easy for those of you who do not have a habit of putting on smokey eyes.

Complete look!

Like usual, I begin my post with a bare face!


BEFORE

I recently went to Sephora and got a Laura Mercier kit for $80 and I'm trying out some of the products! So first prime your face either with a moisturiser/ primer/ sunscreen, depending on what you'll be doing for the day.

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Oil Free

Next up, use your favourite foundation to even out your skin tone! Here I'm testing out the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser for the first time.

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser in Nude

This product is quite thick, much thicker than a standard one hence it feels more like a foundation but with a light coverage.

After tinted moisturiser

At this point I usually begin my eyes by tight lining it. 

Physicians Formula Eye Brightening Eye Pencil in Black (comes in a trio)


Shimmery Light Beige Eyeshadow

Using a flat eyeshadow brush, go into a shimmery light beige eyeshadow colour and put it all over the lids. This will work as a base for easy blending later.

As such..


Shimmery Taupe Eyeshadow

With a more dense brush, go into a shimmery taupe colour and place it as high as you wish it to be. For me I like to have it slightly visible when I look straight.

Non blended

Skin tone eyeshadow

Use a blending brush and an eyeshadow that is 2 shades lighter than your skin tone, blend out the harsh line from the taupe colour eyeshadow. This will also act as a brow bone highlight!

Almost there~

With the same eyeliner that I used for tight lining, line the upper lash line. 


Outer half lined

I prefer to only line the outer half for a more natural appearance. Smudge it out using the taupe colour and the same brush before. This will soften the line and also prevent it from going everywhere as time goes by!

Smudge out!

Eyeshadow on lower lash line

With the shimmery beige and taupe, line the lower lash line accordingly. If you like to line your water line, go ahead! I personally find that it closes my eyes and make them really tiny.

Etude House Powder Foundation

Set your makeup lightly with a powder foundation or a setting powder. I like to use a powder foundation with tinted moisturiser as it provides more coverage.

NYC Sunny Bronzer

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Dolly

Contour the sides of the face and nose to enhance your facial feature. Add blush to complete.

Here!!

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 035 Charm

Finish your look with your favourite lip. I am using this as I'm opting for a more natural look.

See you soon!!

Thank you for your support and please leave a comment if you wish for me to review any of the products here in detail!!


No comments:

Post a Comment