Saturday 9 June 2012

$20 Make up challenge (Daily/ work appropriate)

Hello there!

So there is a tag going around the beauty vlog/ blogsphere that is spreading like wild fire! I gave it a try and it was surprisingly difficult. I certainly did not want to cheat and have everything from E.L.F. (btw, they are awesome) so I combined some of my own make up and just a few new ones that I got from Walmart to complete this look! 


Make up and tools (list and swatches below)

Feel free to click on the items to get you to the webpage where you can purchase them yourself!
  1. Milani Minerals Mousse Foundation in 302 True Beige for $7.99
  2. NYC Long Lasting Lip Colour in Fragile Pink for $1.50
  3. Wet & Wild Eyeshadow Trio in  335 Silent Treatment for $2.97
  4. ELF Essential Blending Eye Brush for $1
  5. ELF Essential Eyeshadow Brush for $1
  6. NYC Instant Lash Mascara for $1.50
  7. ELF Essential Brightening Eyeliner in Black for $1
  8. ELF Essential All Over Colour Stick in Pink Lemonade for $1
Grand Total: $17.96

FLTR: Eyeshadow "Eyelid", "Crease", "Browbone"; ELF All Over Stick; NYC Lippie; ELF Eyeliner

BEFORE

AFTER

Close Up 

The foundation was applied using fingers, I also would not use this product with a brush as it blends the best with fingers. Eyebrows were filled in using the tip of the eyeshadow brush with Wet & Wild "Crease" colour.  Also, I used the ELF Eyeliner to tight line and lined my lids. The rest are pretty self explanatory I suppose :)

The challenge was fun and I would definitely wear this look out. I understand that I did not use any eyeshadow base or concealer, but I don't often use those products, hence this look is based on what I usually wear out. 

Please try it out yourself too!!

Also follow me on twitter at www.twitter.com/AivysBeautyBlog

No comments:

Post a Comment