Saturday 7 July 2012

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Face Sunscreen SPF 60 Review

Summer is getting really hot in Toronto! I love the heat though so I can't really complain :)

If you have read my previous blog posts, I'm sure you might have noticed that I'm very much into sun protection. It is super important to prevent your skin from being burnt and potentially turn into melanoma! At the same time, protecting yourself from the sun is also the best way to prevent aging skin. 

When I used to live in Sydney, sun protection education was very widespread due to the broken Ozone layer in Australia. It does seem like Canadians are not so much into that, but nonetheless, if you are reading this, stop tanning and start protecting your skin! 

I have been loyal to my Asian sunscreens for many years, but because I'm running out of them and they are also hard to obtain, I've decided to pick up something that is available at the local drugstore.



Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Face Sunscreen SPF 60


This sunscreen costs about $14 to $16 depending where you go. It claims to be oil-free, non greasy, water and sweat proof, gentle for sensitive skin, fragrance-free, and also non-comedogenic.

The sun screen is a little bit thick, so a little goes a long way. Make sure you apply enough otherwise it would have no use againts the UVA and UVB rays. 


Spread out


So as you can see, the little bit that I squeezed out from the tube can spread out quite far. It is easy to blend and dries in less than a minute after application. It also does not have the sun screen scent (that I hate), or any scent as a matter of fact.

I wore this out, although I was not exposed under the sun too much. I applied my usual Revlon Photo Ready Foundation in Nude on top of the sunscreen and it looks just like usual. No changes to my make up application required.



Skin condition after 10 hours of wear


Because I was not exposed to the sun most of the time, nor I went into the water or sweat, I did not reapply. Above is my skin after 10 hours of wear. There is no noticeable oil or any weird white cast.

I know some people think that this sun screen is too thick, but I'm not sure if they have changed the formula but this is definitely easy to spread. I am definitely going to continue using it. 

Keep in mind that I have normal to dry skin. My husband has been using this product for over a week now and he has really oily skin, he seems to be loving it because it does not leave his skin with an oil film like the La-Roche Posay one that he was previously using. 


In summary,

Pros:
  • Light weight
  • Easy to spread/ blend
  • Non oily
  • Fragrance free
Cons:
  • Quite expensive
Leave a comment and let me know what other sunscreens you love! I would love to try new ones when mine runs out.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment