Tuesday 17 July 2012

BRTC Aqua Rush Water Drop BB Cream Review

I was contacted by BRTC recently and was lucky enough to try some of their products. Today I want to share my thoughts on the BRTC Aqua Rush Water Drop BB Cream. Keep in mind this is a first impression review, and I will have an update after some substantial use and possibly comparing it with other BB creams that I own. First an foremost, keep in mind that I have normal to dry skin, and results might differ depending on the individual. 


Back

The Aqua Rush Water Drop BB Cream claims to be for dry and dull skin, creates water drops as is being rubbed (?), and revives the skin to be clear and splendid. It also has SPF 28 PA++ protection.

Swatch

Upon squeezing out from the tube, I realised that it is a rather thick formula, a little bit more than I am used to for a BB cream. However it has a plus side that it doesn't have a grey-ish tint that most BB creams in the market do.

I applied it on to my face using my fingers. It was slightly tough to blend out, similar to Estee Lauder full cover foundation. It could be easier with a brush, I'll have to try it out and get back to you ^.^

BEFORE

Close up of BEFORE

I've became a little bit more tanned recently due to the sun. I haven't been out purposely to make myself tanner, so it is just a gradual change during summer for me. 

AFTER

Close up of AFTER

The coverage is medium in first application, but the colour wasn't right. It was too light for me but this will certainly work perfectly in the winter as it is quite moisturising. The BB cream does not feel sticky at all and it leaves a smooth finish on my face. I noticed that the BB cream started to oxidise to a slightly darker colour after 5 minutes of application but it was still not the right colour for me for now. 

2 hours later

It is EXTREMELY humid today and the BB Cream is still on my skin 2 hours later. Some are definitely gone but still acceptable for this weather.

After 4 hours

BB cream is still on but I could definitely see some red spots close up. I would recommend setting this BB cream with a powder during humid days. I don't see the need to if you are in a temperature regulated environment or cooler/ drier days.

Pros:
  • Non grey tint, brightens up the complexion
  • Smooth finish
  • Not oily
  • Medium coverage
Cons:
  • Limited colour selection
  • Slightly scented
If you are interested, you can head to the BRTC Store and order one for yourself for only $28! BRTC products are also widely available in Asian cosmetic stores.

Please leave a comment if you have any more questions about the product!


No comments:

Post a Comment