Tuesday 3 July 2012

4th of July Makeup Tutorial

I hope that everyone had a great weekend! I have to apologise here for my irregular posting during the last 4 days as I was away for the Canada Day long weekend. I'm back now and things are going back to normal again. 

Today I'll be sharing a tutorial inspired by the American flag, in celebration of the 4th of July. Although I'm not American myself, most of my readers are and I hope that this will be able to help some ladies out there.


Complete Look

Let me begin with the tools that I used for this look.



The colours I used are Yellow (Most left; 3rd down), White (Top left hand corner), Royal Blue (3rd row from the right, 2nd down), and Black (Most right, 2nd down).

The blush I used is the light peachy pink colour at the top left hand corner.



To begin with..

Before

I applied my usual foundation Revlon Photo Ready with my sigma F80 brush and tight lined my eyes using the Physicians Formula gel eyeliner in black.



Sigma F80; Revlon Photo Ready Foundation in 004 Nude


MAC 209SE; Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Gel Cream Liner in Hazel Eyes




Base and eyes complete


First eyeshadow


First use your flat eyeshadow brush and dip into the royal blue eyeshadow, apply from the outer corner towards the inner corner of your eyelids. Leave the inner 1/3 empty.


2nd colour


Use a clean flat eyeshadow brush, dip into the yellow and apply it in the inner corner sweeping into the blue. With a pencil brush, use the same blue to line the bottom lash line.


Darken the outer corner


Clean the pencil brush on a tissue paper, with the black colour eyeshadow, slowly darken the outer corner for more dimension.


Final eyeshadow + eyeliner


Apply with white colour on the inner lower lash line to brighten the eyes and line the eyes with the same gel liner.


With eyes open


Sigma F40; NYC Sunny Bronzer


Apply bronzer in the shape of "3" to contour. Lightly dust on the side of the nose to create a higher looking bridge.

With the same brush, use a light peachy pink blush and swipe it across the cheeks.



Almost there!


Bourjois Lip pencil in 11 Enjoleuse; Revlon ColorStay Soft & Smooth Lipstick in 375 Ripened Red


TADAH! Complete look! :D


Complete Look


Close Up

I realised that the last few photos have a slight blue tint. My battery ran out and I had to use another camera. Sorry!

Happy 4th of July to the Americans! ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment