Sunday 1 July 2012

Elf Flawless Finish Foundation Review

Happy Canada Day to Canadians! We were busy celebrating with our families yesterday so I wasn't able to get a post up on time. Today I'll be sharing a review of  the ELF Flawless Foundation. ELF is one of the brands that I always come back to, it is great no matter in quality or price point. Although some products are not so great, but most of the times they are able to deliver wonderful cosmetics.

I don't have a lot of problems on my skin, but I do like that a foundation to have at least a medium coverage to reduce the appearance of redness on my skin. The ELF Flawness Foundation is affordable, at a cost of $6, sturdy packaging, and comes with a pump! A foundation that has a pump is always great for hygiene.

BEFORE

AFTER, Foundation in colour Sand

The foundation has a smooth application and medium to full coverage. I used the Beauty Blender to apply this foundation.

Finish look with complete makeup

I went ahead and apply my usual make up but did not set the foundation to see how it will withstand the hot summer.

6 hours of wear

At the 3rd hour of wear, I noticed that my blush started sliding off my face. Coverage is still ok but my face makeup is definitely moving downwards.

After 7 hours of wear

Close up after 7 hours of wear

As you can see in the close up, my blush is definitely not where it is suppose to be. My eye make up also wore off a little bit. In general it looks decent but needs a touch up.

To summarise:

Pros:
  • Affordable
  • Medium to heavy coverage
  • Feels light and smooth on the skin
  • Good packaging
Cons:
  • Not long lasting, needs to set with powder
  • Oxidizes slightly
I love this foundation and I will definitely continue to use it! :D

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. instead of setting it, have you thought of using primers? i love the Mac prep+prime serum cos it moisturizes as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Actually I don't like using primers. I prefer to have a strong sun screen to use as a primer and moisturiser! I then set it with w powder that also has SPF! I'm all into sun protection :p

    ReplyDelete